in the Uniting Methodists movement
Uniting Methodists is a movement of Christ-centered, hope-filled, holiness-seeking United Methodists, uniting to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. We challenge in love that which divides, and we offer to all people God’s saving grace that transforms the world.
- Join others who are “praying our way forward” with The Upper Room. (See UMCprays.org for more information.)
Become a signatory on the Uniting Methodists’ movement in support of the One Church Plan by adding your name to the growing list of persons who support our mission.
- Become familiar with the specifics of the One Church Plan to help educate others:
- Learn about the various plans that were a result of the work of the Commission on a Way Forward (see the resources on our website or at the UMC website).
- We have posted an array of resources including an overview of the plans.
Activities in Your Local Church
- Pray for the delegates and all taking part in the special session of General Conference, February 23-26, 2019.
- Share copies of the Uniting Methodists newsletter by email with as many people who you believe will be open to inquiry and conversation.
- Arrange for discussions groups (home meetings; Sunday school classes; all church meetings) for adults and older youth.
- Share your perspective and questions with your pastor and lay leaders.
- Encourage your church communicator to share articles and information in their regular newsletters and/or Sunday bulletins.
- Invite your congregation, Sunday school group, or local units of the United Methodist Women and United Methodist Men to write a letters to the members of your Conference delegation to the General Conference, encouraging support for the One Church Plan.
- Work with your pastor or lay leader to arrange a congregation-wide educational and holy conversation event.
Activities in Your Annual Conference
- Write a letter to or start a dialogue with a delegate who is a friend, sharing your desire to be in conversation and your perspectives on these issues.
- Learn who your conference’s clergy and lay delegates are and ask to speak with them about these topics (you can find this information on your Annual Conference’s website or by calling the Conference office. Your local church pastor or office can give you contact information for the annual conference leaders). Send a request to Uniting Methodists at UMCallofus@gmail.com and we will share information about your delegation.
- You can also check personally with all the delegates to be sure they are receiving the Uniting Methodists, Room for All newsletters.
- Share your perspectives and questions with your bishop and district superintendent in a letter or an email. (Your pastor or church office can give you their names and addresses.)
- Encourage your Annual Conference communicator to share articles and information in their regular newsletters and /or monthly mailings.
- Send your questions to UMCallofus@gmail.com.
- Donate to help Uniting Methodists promote the importance of unity that respects diversity by sending your contribution to:
- Church of the Resurrection
Designated for Uniting Methodists Project
13720 Roe Avenue
Leawood, Kansas 66224
- All gifts to support this work of information sharing, networking, and legislative advocacy are tax deductible.
- Church of the Resurrection
- Draft your own personal point of view in support and submit to UMCallofus@gmail.com and to your local church and annual conference publications.
- Notify us if you or those in your network are gifted in the area of writing stories, editing manuscripts, or graphic design (e.g. posters or t-shirts). We are often in search of gifted volunteers.
Join the Movement
Thousands of United Methodists have signed their names in support of our movement and our affirmation of unity in diversity. Read our affirmations, see our supporters, and join our movement.